Thursday, 19 March 2015

The Great UKYA Egg Hunt 2015!






****
The UKYA Egg Hunt 2015 is now officially CLOSED. 
No more entries will be taken.
(But read on for news of my new book!)
****




It has officially been a Very Long Time since I've blogged, so I'm thrilled to jump back into the fray with the UKYA Egg Hunt! 

If you've happened on my blog from another link in the hunt, you may be scratching your head and thinking, "Who is this person?" So here's me: 

My name is Lee Weatherly and I write YA fiction (that sounds like I'm at a 12-step meeting for authors, doesn't it?). 


Specifically, I write big, epic YA fiction. Sometimes with a paranormal twist, such as the Angel series, and sometimes not, such as the Mysterious New Project. More on that later!



OK, so. Official Stuff. Here's what's going on, my little Easter bunnies:

"Welcome to the UKYA Easter Egg Hunt! One very lucky winner will win a huge grand prize of signed books by over thirty YA authors who write and live in the UK.


All you have to do is read this blog, count up how many UKYA branded Easter eggs you see in the blog, and follow the link at the end to the next blog. Keep going until you get back to the blog where you started, and add up how many eggs you’ve seen along the way. 

Email your answer to: UKYA2015egghunt@gmail.com. A winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries, and contacted by email. This closes at noon (UK time) on Sunday, 5th April, and is open internationally.

So get finding those eggs! And some awesome UKYA authors and books along the way. Good luck!"

Let's just take a moment to digest that. Over THIRTY authors are taking part. If you win, you'll receive over THIRTY exciting packages in the post, each containing at least one signed book from a UKYA author. Pardon me while I fan myself and hyperventilate a little. This is such an awesome prize that I'm tempted to sneak into the contest and enter it myself.

My contribution? I'm offering a signed set of the Angel trilogy.


Willow knows she's different from other girls. And not just because she loves tinkering around with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into people's futures, know their dreams, their hopes and their regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where she gets this power from...but Alex does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows Willow's secret and is on a mission to stop her. The dark forces within Willow make her dangerous - and irresistible. In spite of himself, Alex finds he is falling in love with his sworn enemy. 

So if you win, your package from me will be INCREDIBLY HEAVY and your postman will probably rupture something and hate you, because these are BIG books. If you like romance and action and even more romance and even more action, you'll hopefully enjoy the Angel series. 

Not to mention the 30 or so other packages you'll receive, which will have an amazing mix of books representing the whole span of UKYA fiction. There are some incredible UKYA authors out there, and I'm so proud to be one of them. If you win, you'll be curled up reading in your little bunny-hole for MONTHS after this. I'm jealous of the winner already.

Finally, if you're familiar with my books (or even if you're not!), I'm excited to say that the silence surrounding my new project will soon be at an end. My wonderful publishers Usborne will be announcing the new series at the end of the month. I can't say much about it until then (which has been EXCRUCIATING, believe me!), but I'll say that it's older and darker than the Angel series. It has a romance, but it's not Romance. And I love the world and its characters and hope that readers will, too.

Ready to hop along to the next link? Here you go, my little bunnies! The hugely talented Sheena Wilkinson is up next. She's a friend of mine and I love her writing. You will, too. 


The UKYA Egg Hunt 2015 is now officially CLOSED. 
No more entries will be taken. But thanks for reading! 





2 comments:

  1. Lee Weatherly, you are one of my favourite authors! I really love to read your books especially the Angel series! They are amazing! Keep up the hard work! ♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Pardon me while I fan myself and hyperventilate a little." This is why I love you... and your books... Can't wait for the next novel.!!! yay!!

    ReplyDelete